Friday, October 8, 2010

Awards, Awardees and Secrets


I know that I have been a hoarder as I have received few awards and have not passed them on. Its time to do that now. Few months back Elizabeth Mueller gave  me the Honest Scrap Award and few days back Lynda Young  gave me the Sweet Friends Award. I would like to  pass  both the awards.

The rules of the awards are to thank  and link back to the person who gave you the award and share few things about  yourself. Thank you Elizabeth and Lynda.



My Awardees for the Honest Scrap Award are:






My Sweet Friends Blog  (Happy 101) Awardees are:






I will share 6 things  related to my  writing:

  1. I like the power  of a writer’s imagination: the wonderful worlds our words create.

  1. I  like to explore different themes in my short stories and books.

  1. I like to create believable characters: my characters must resemble real people.

  1. I  like being haunted by my characters when I am writing about them.

  1. I like to incorporate subtle messages in my stories.

  1. I like a hint of mischief in my characters.  

 Now its time to tell you 6 (secret) things unrelated to my writing. I think its time we all get to know each other a little better.

1.      I  am  prone to CGS (Continuous Giggle Syndrome). I have giggled continuously for an hour and half in the company of my sister and nieces.

2.      I am extremely  attached to my  Parents and Spiritual Master. They are my strength as well as weakness. 

3.      In my mid teens I wanted to be a model. My best friend and  I bunked college to go for an audition, but chickened out at the last minute and returned back to college.  

4.      I am  addicted to the 3 W’s (writing, workout and worship). If I miss even one of them, then my grumpiness is to be avoided at all costs.

5.      I  believe that Destiny is all about choice and not chance. It’s the choices we make that determine the chances we get. I believe If I  have to have regrets, then I would rather have the regret that I tried and  failed, than the regret that I didn’t try at all.

6.      I  am a complete chatterbox. I am always ready for long chats. Strangers at airports end up confiding their life stories to me, as do most people.

 What about you all? Any secrets you would like to share. I promise not to tell anyone.





14 comments:

  1. Yippee! How exciting! My first blog award in the short span of 4 months since I started! Thanks so much for this, Rachna!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you SO much for the award!
    I enjoyed getting to know more about you:)

    Hmmm. A secret...
    When I was 15 my sisters and I stole my Mom's mini-van ion the middle of the night and jumped it over a dirt mound.( we lived in the country)
    We still giggle about it to this day!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great lists, and I'm so happy for you getting all those lovely awards! You deserve them. Very much so.
    And congrats to all the winners!
    Secrets? I eat things that most people in Nebraska would balk at, and would certainly look at me funny if they knew! Natto, for one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm often haunted by my characters as well! It's funny how even though the novel is long since finished, they still like to hang around in the recesses of my mind. Congrats to all the winners!

    ReplyDelete
  5. RACHNA,
    At first i will give you many many thanks to selecting children's heaven for Award.
    And one thing i written in my profile--My aim of life is to see smiles on evry children's face of universe....so i wants to save and feel a child in my heart for life long.
    And secret of my life---to go for world tour--when ever i will get chance.
    Best wishes.
    Hemant

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! My first blog award!!
    Thanks so much Rachna.
    I am honoured!

    My secret: mmmh I would love to fly a fighter jet...

    -Kim @ Dragonfly Scrolls

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow--I learned so much about you! That is very cool. Thank you tons for the award. I will pass it on!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rachna....there is an award for you at my blog.
    -Kim

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awards are fun! Congrats to you and the new winners! Have a great week,
    Karen :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Rachna, thanks so much for the award. I've been having a hard time getting to wifi connections often enough to blog and check blogs. But this was very nice. I also enjoyed both your shares and your secrets. This, by the way, is one of my favorite blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks Rachna! This is really fun. Looking forward to learning lots about writing and writing spiritually from you. Your posts are always so thoughtful and entertaining. I am honored!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Rachna -thank you so much for the award! I loved learning more about you and will return the favor :-). I've so enjoyed your posts and your comments on my blog as well.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just to let you know I haven't forgotten about the award! I'm going to be blogging about it next week, when my blog post schedule frees up a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for the award. Sorry it has taken me so long to come by. I do appreciate it :)

    ReplyDelete