Friday, March 16, 2012

Lucky 7 Meme Tag


Today’s post is a part of the Lucky 7 Meme tag. I was tagged by Alexia. I thought it would be fun to play along.
Here are the rules.
1.      Go to page 77 of your current MS, WIP.
      2.      Go to line 7.
     3.      Copy down the next 7 lines, sentences or paragraphs and post them as they are written.
                                               4.      Tag 7 authors.
                                                 5.      Let them know.
 Here is my snippet from my MG paranormal fiction ‘The Soreiquil’. It’s the first draft, so please overlook the grammar and everything else.

The Cockroach Invasion Episode had unnerved Rahul. He had promised himself that he would control his temper. Magic escaping from his body was creating havoc. Four days later, during art class, Rahul’s pencil tip broke. He lifted the gold pencil lying in his pencil box. The Art teacher, Miss Lila, was nicknamed The Barbie Doll by students. She had graduated out of Art College few months back. Dressed in a long black skirt and a loose dark blue blouse, her high heels adding inches to her tall frame, Miss Lila moved between rows distributing the previous session’s drawings.

Rahul stared at Ziko. The ghost’s body was barely visible in the harsh sunlight streaming through the window.   
               
It’s okay. You can use the pencil,”  Ziko smiled.

Pencil shavings dropped into Rahul’s lap as he rolled the pencil’s head inside the sharpener. Sweeping the shavings off his lap, he tested the tip. It was sharp and firm. Through the telepathic link connecting them, Ziko heard Rahul mutter the Devito spell.

Oh shucks…”  Ziko frowned. The Devito spell was the wrong one. It would further ruin Rahul’s pathetic drawing skills.

 Catching a glimpse of Rahul’s sketch, Ziko grimaced. Rahul had not inherited his mother’s artistic talent.

 The elf on the board had a pointed face, Rahul’s elf had a face as round as an orange. Miss Lila’s elf- figure had large and pointed ears, Rahul’s elf had tiny, square shaped ears. The Devito spell had made a mockery of Rahul’s drawing.

Hope you enjoyed it. I am tagging
I hope the 7 Authors will share snippets from their manuscripts. Have a lovely weekend friends and do let me know what you think of my snippet.

13 comments:

  1. Interesting and different , Rachna:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fascinating excerpt, Rachna! I've seen this meme all over this week. It's a fun one!

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great excerpt! I didn't realize we could use 7 paragraphs. I thought it was only lines. As it was, my 7 lines = 7 paragraphs. Obviously I didn't read the instructions very well.

    This meme sure when viral. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dang I've been tagged! Fortunately, I'm only on page six of my current manuscript. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahaha you're actually the second person that tagged me. ^_^

    I'll put up my response either tomorrow or on Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I did enjoy this, yes. I found it quite delightful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice excerpt! I enjoyed reading. Dang, that meme sure went viral. It is all over the interwebz. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a great snippet, Rachna! I really enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi friends...by the time I finish the final draft, I hope this scene survives. I am noticing that plenty of my favourite scenes do no make it to the final version :(

    ReplyDelete
  10. nice meme. if you have one for bloggers then tag me:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Can't eait to read more Rachna

    ReplyDelete