Wednesday, August 7, 2019

My August IWSG Post

After ages I made my post a day in advance. And I felt very happy doing that. Though I try my best being organized, life manages to waylay me, throwing my well-laid plans into disarray. But this time I was ready, I decided to get the better of distractions. This year I have written a LOT. And I am quite happy with that.

Now let me get on to the task at hand. Its time for another IWSG (Insecure Writers Support Group) post. IWSG is a group of wonderful writers, who all post on the first Wednesday of the month. IWSG provides all kinds of support to its members, in the way of informative posts on the IWSG website, holding Twitter pitch contests and conducting story contests. Our IWSG posts which discuss our writing fears and insecurities, is a huge stress buster for many of us. The IWSG website is a treasure house of writing information.

IWSG was started by All Rounder (Online Rock Star, Author Extraordinaire, Ninja Captain, Musician Par Excellence, Wonderful Human, Amazing Blogger, Super Friend, Envied by Many, Loved by All - Alex J Cavanaugh (author of Amazon Bestsellers: CassaStar, CassaStorm, CassaFire and Dragon of the Stars).

August 7 question – Has your writing ever taken you by surprise? For example, a positive and belated response to a submission you’d forgotten about or an ending you never saw coming?

My first publisher had arranged the launch of my first book ‘The Lion Who Wanted to Sing,’ in the college where I had studied. My other book ‘Bunny in Search of a Name’ too was launched at the same time along with 2 other books. The four books were released by principals of different schools and colleges. Several months later I came to know that one of the principals who had launched my book, mentioned it in her speech for the students graduating from tenth grade. She mentioned that the lion’s story was an inspirational one, that if the lion could pursue his dreams, it showed that anyone else could do the same.  Needless to say, I was surprised as well as delighted, when I heard about it.

Looking forward to reading all your posts.




17 comments:

  1. How wonderful to have had your book mentioned by that principal. And your book on festivals looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm an All Rounder - funny!
    How amazing that he mentioned your book in his speech!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you for all the writing you've done! And how lovely to know the principal mentioned your book like that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's nice to see your books making their way in this world!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes. That was a nice thing to do. But I have no doubt you and your work deserved it. :-)

    Anna from elements of emaginette

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's wonderful that your story was shared to inspire people.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great surprise, Rachna! So glad how your writing career is taking off.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Graduation is a perfect time for letting readers know about an inspiring book.

    ReplyDelete
  9. May all your stories continue to be inspirational, Rachna 🌹

    ReplyDelete
  10. Now that is inspirational feedback!

    ReplyDelete
  11. To have a principal use your book as an example for students is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a wonderful surprise! Look how many lives you've touched with your writing, Rachna...you SHOULD be happy! CONGRATS!

    ReplyDelete
  13. No better validation than someone you admire singing praises for your work. Congratulations.
    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great accolade from those colleges. I'm sure that was hugely inspiring for the other students too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for taking the time to discuss and share this with us, I for one feel strongly about it and really enjoyed learning more about this topic. Please share some more useful info on Ternopil State Medical University Ukraine Keywords also. I can see that you possess a degree of expertise on this subject.

    ReplyDelete