Wednesday, April 1, 2020

April IWSG Post and the Covid -19 Pandemic

For the past few months the world has been gripped by Corona Virus, which is now galloping at a furious pace and spreading its vicious tentacles to the remotest corners of the world. Most of the countries have imposed lockdowns to safeguard their citizens from this deadly virus. Social Distancing is crucial at this point.

I write this IWSG (Insecure Writers Support Group) post while battling a lot of anxiety and fear. IWSG is an online group of writers, posting on the first Wednesday of every month. Though we usually talk about our writing related issues, worries, fears and doubts, this time all of us have just one worry- the covid-19 infection.

 IWSG is the brainchild of Alex J Cavanaugh, the author of several amazon bestsellers: CassaStar, CassaStorm, CassaFire and Dragon of the Stars. Alex can’t your super powers do something?

April 1 question - The IWSG group's focus is on our writers. Each month, from all over the globe, we are a united group sharing our insecurities, our troubles, and our pain. So, in this time when our world is in crisis with the covid -19 pandemic, our optional question this month is: how are things in your world?

This situation in India is getting worrisome. We are currently in a 21 day lockdown from 25th March to 14th April. These next few days will be crucial for India, it will decide our country’s fate where the covid pandemic is concerned. All our social media is flooded with Corona Virus news, there is no escaping it. To distract myself I’m trying to focus on my writing.

For a change I’m not going to say that I’m looking forward to reading all your posts, because I know that all the countries are under the covid -19 grip.

I pray for each and every one of you, to be safe and healthy. I pray for everyone. I hope Corona Virus leaves us soon, that some miracle happens soon, that a vaccine is made soon. All I can do is pray.



24 comments:

  1. Praying the same for you and yours, too, Rachna. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Writing is a good idea right now! It's hard to avoid all the media and hype going around. I try to limit my exposure to the news. Does thinking about writing count? I'm hoping to outline an idea soon. Prayers for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I pray your country does get it under control because you do not want to be in the mess we are in right now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you stay safe and healthy. I was in India a long time ago and stayed for awhile in a village. I worry how the large population of your country is going to practice social distancing enough.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A miracle is what it will take, but praying that it comes! Stay well, and stay safe - we're here for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope your lockdown is effective. We'll keep praying for a miracle.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, praying is where I'm at, too. Stay the course. Keep hope alive.
    My writing has changed a bit during these times.
    I give myself time to vent/grieve/stress in my journal.
    Then, I'm writing a fluffy, fun fiction novellette in flash fiction chapters.
    The combination of those very different kinds of writing is helping me keep my head above the waters.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wishing India hope and healing! Yes, we must do what we can to uplift ourselves right now. Good that you're not wholly absorbed with the news. Stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is completely overwhelming! I hope India acts early and flattens the curve. We've been in lockdown for a few weeks but our country (Canada) is working hard to flatten it as well. Fingers crossed for us all!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The world has gone crazy. We need to keep on praying for that miracle!
    Stay safe, Rachna!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's at these times when being a writer is quite helpful. I hope the news about this virus in your country improves. We're getting more and more dire warnings as the days go on.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm sorry to hear about the situation in India. I am sending prayers. Stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Rachna,
    The world hasn't seen anything like this pandemic in modern times.
    No one knows when this will end.
    But one thing is sure. We won't be same when this is over.
    Amazing how a microscopic pathogen has been able to change the lifestyle of the entire humanity.
    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Keep praying. It's all any of us can do. God listens. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I wound up with a new idea for a novel. It involves space pirates and ghosts, and if nothing else, writing it is a lot of fun. There is no Covid-19 on my pirate ship, so it's a good place to be.
    The bullet journal helps me keep things straight.
    Stay healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for your prayers. I'll join you as we both hope for world cure and vaccine.

    Anna from elements of emaginette

    ReplyDelete
  17. I don't even bother to watch the news anymore. I just let my wife watch it and give me the highlights. Hope all continues to go well with you.

    ReplyDelete
  18. We've been sheltering since March 13th. We keep in touch with our immediate neighborhood through texting, and my extended family by text and phone. All else is left to the Universe. Wishing you health and safety in these trying times.

    ReplyDelete
  19. All these precautions are hard on us, but who is to say they are not necessary? We will all get through this.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I totally understand anxiety and fear. This crisis has left us alone at a time when we should be together to cope. So, we follow the directives and pray it will end soon. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Here in Mexico the Federales are manned with M-16 on the beach so as to intimidate people from gathering. It's working. The numbers are staying down so far. Thinking of you. Wishing you well!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I really hope the lockdown helps to keep it under control. With such a heavily populated country as yours it must be an even greater worry than it is here – but there is evidence that social distancing really works so there's reason to be optimistic.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi, Rachna. I hope that you've been doing all right, both in these last couple of months and during the last few years since my last comment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Patrick, I'm doing well. How have you been? Its been a very long time since we kept in touch. How is your writing going?

      Delete