Wednesday, July 6, 2022

My July IWSG Post and the book world I would live in

 

June was a super hectic for me, two of my books are hurtling for publication in the next few weeks. So, the entire month I was switching between reading edits notes, editing, going through proofs, finalizing covers, going through typeset copies of both the books. Luckily one is a nonfiction book and the other is a fantasy (my favourite genre). Sending the blurbs, author note, acknowledgement, dedication etc. In between, I was doing all my freelance writing and columns. But it was a nice tension, not the worrying kind but adrenaline rushing type.

I had a school session on the 20th for students of grade 2 and 3 of GIIS (Global Indian International School). The children had returned after two years of lockdown and were super enthusiastic and super keen. I had a wonderful time reading two stories and autographing the books for the students.



Enough of my news, it’s the first Wednesday of the month, it’s time for IWSG (Insecure Writers Support Group) post. IWSG is an online group of writers, it was started by Alex J Cavanaugh the author of Amazon Bestsellers, the successful Cassa series of books : CassaStar, CassaStorm, CassaFire and Dragon of the Stars. The IWSG website is full of informative writing related posts. To read the other IWSG posts, visit the group’s page.

July 6 question - If you could live in any book world, which one would you choose?

The awesome co-hosts for the July 6 posting of the IWSG are J Lenni Dorner, Janet Alcorn, PJ Colando, Jenni Enzor and DianeBurton!

I would choose the Harry Potter world. I am a huge, huge, Potter fan. I can easily visualize myself in Hogwarts attending Potions classes and Defence Against The Dark Arts and walking through the corridors with my wand in hand.

What about you all? Which book world would you live in?

 

 

 


13 comments:

  1. That school visit sounds like so much fun!

    And I'm totally with you on living in the Harry Potter world. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Madeline, the school visit was fun. I was visiting a school after nearly 3 years. I devoured the Potter books.

      Delete
  2. Congrats on the books and the school visit - so fun! I'd love to be a teacher at Hogwarts - preferably after Voldemort has been vanquished :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jemi. Yes, preferably after Voldemort was vanquished :)

      Delete
  3. I'd choose the Harry Potter world too. Sounds like you've had a busy month.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on the upcoming publications! That's awesome!

    I *love* the Harry Potter books, but I'd only want to live in that world if I weren't a muggle and if, as Jenni noted above, Voldemort had been vanquished. I'd be quite content teaching Herbology and wandering the grounds in search of interesting plants.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! That's a lot. So cool you got to speak to the students. I'm sure they relished the experience.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on all the writing/editing/planning you've been doing. I'm surprised more haven't wanted to inhabit Harry Potter's world, but then there are so many choices.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your news is awesome, wtg!
    And Harry Potter world is a classically good choice.
    For the IWSG July prompt asking which book world I would live in, I narrowed it down to three choices.
    One is a short-story I published. One is from a popular series. And one is better known from television, but there are books. It's all on my blog.
    "Someone is sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago." - Warren Buffett
    Over at Operation Awesome, our Pass or Pages query contest is open this week with July's family saga genre. Know any writers who might want to enter?


    J Lenni Dorner (he/him 👨🏽 or 🧑🏽 they/them) ~ Co-host of the #AtoZchallenge, OperationAwesome6 Debut Author Interviewer, Reference& Speculative Fiction Author

    ReplyDelete
  8. School sessions are so much fun. I miss doing characterization classes. Hopefully next year I can do them again.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think it's so wonderful you do school visits! I'm sure the students are inspired by all you do and write. Congratulations on all you do!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Before covid, I was supposed to visit my daughter's class of middle school students. The best laid plans . . . Glad you enjoyed your visit. Congrats on the new books.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are very lucky, Rachna. Being a full time carer prevents me from doing this, and I miss teaching very much x

    ReplyDelete