Wednesday, August 3, 2022

My latest book and August IWSG post

 


My first lockdown book baby has been published and is now making its way to readers all over India and the world. 7 months of painstaking research, delayed by more than 1.5 years. Finally, ‘50 GREAT INDIANS: Extraordinary Lives, Inspiring Tales,’ published by Rupa Publications is available. Its also my first full-fledged non-fiction book.

It was a difficult book to write. Two personalities passed away, a few sports personalities broke records and also announced their retirement, a personality won an award (I had to make the changes before the book went for print). I had to be on constant alert mode while I was writing the book and also in the delay period.

Another middle grade novel of mine ‘Buddy The Scavage,’ too is ready. I proofread the dummy copy sent by the publisher. As I asked for some changes in the cover, its currently being redesigned. Will share that book cover the moment its ready. It was sweet of the publisher to send me a dummy copy, they requested that as it was my first dummy copy, I can keep it.

 


 Time is flying, we are already in the 8th month of 2022. With the first Wednesday of the month rolling into view, it’s time for IWSG (Insecure Writers Support Group) post. IWSG was started by Alex J Cavanaugh, the author of Amazon Bestsellers: CassaStar, CassaStorm, CassaFire and Dragon of the Stars. Do visit the IWSG website for some amazing posts.

The awesome co-hosts for the August 3 posting of the IWSG are Tara Tyler, Lisa Buie Collard, Loni Townsend and Lee Lowery.

August 3 question - When you set out to write a story, do you try to be more original or do you try to give readers what they want?

When I write a story, the only promise I make to myself is to be as true to the story as possible. Infact, I sometimes feel I write for myself before I write for my readers. I seldom write for the market, no wonder publishers find it difficult to slot my book into a particular category.

What about you all?

 

8 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the release! I imagine that was tough trying to keep up with the changes in fifty lives.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! Wishing the new book much success out in the world!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Writing for yourself is the best way to write.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your newest release. How exciting. Wishing you much success. Write what you love. It will show.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on your newest book release. And it's awesome that you have another one in the works.

    ReplyDelete
  6. congratulations on this wonderful in-depth work!
    and i have a similar problem when trying to categorize some of my novels with a mix of genres—but I love a good mashup!
    keep writing!
    Tara Tyler Talks

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on the long winding road to publication of your book. This has certainly been a difficult time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on your new release! May you have great news, sales and reviews.

    ReplyDelete