Wednesday, November 2, 2022

NaNo and my November IWSG Post

 

Two more months before we say goodbye to 2022. This year has raced by at a supersonic speed. But thankfully, it has taken Covid 19 along with it. Life is practically back to normal, but I’m still wearing a mask in public, though most people have shed their masks.

Its time for the November IWSG post. IWSG (Insecure Writers Support Group) was started by Alex J Cavanaugh. Alex is the author of Amazon Bestsellers: CassaStar, CassaStorm, CassaFire and Dragon of the Stars.

Do visit the IWSG website for some informative and amazing posts. The Twitter handle of IWSG is @TheIWSG and the hashtag is #IWSG.

The awesome co-hosts for November 2 posting of the IWSG are Dierdre Knight, Douglas Thomas Greening, Nick Wilford and Diane Burton.

November 2 question is – November is National Novel Writing Month. Have you ever participated? If not, why not?

Though I’ve always wanted to do NaNo, but for some or the other reason I’m unable to do it. Usually, Diwali comes in November. But this time Diwali was on 24th October and I had planned to do NaNo, but so many obstacles came in my way that I was unable to plot and outline the novel in time for NaNo. Infact I haven’t even done a basic character/s chart and sketch. So, its goodbye NaNo this time. But I’ll use November to rewrite a middle grade novel and plot the adult novel.

What about you all? What’s your reason for doing or not doing NaNo?

P.S. I have started a YouTube channel last week. Have posted two videos.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZkhb_HQWeyDe4Xhoy76O9A

 

 

 

 

 


9 comments:

  1. Sorry you won't be able to start something new but at least you can edit this month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never done NaNo either.

    Mostly normal here although I do still wear a mask in certain places.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't done NaNo either. It doesn't work for me. I mostly wear my mask too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi. First time on your blog. Would love to discover more. I've done NaNo only once. Wish you luck with the plotting and rewriting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love NaNo. I have a very bouncy brain and NaNo fits it perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't have a good reason or even a flimsy excuse. hehehe

    Have a good November.

    Anna from elements of emaginette

    ReplyDelete
  7. No NaNoWriMo for me. I thought about it a few times, but ultimately know that I'll not commit the time, for various extremely valid and ultimately very important reasons.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like NaNo, but my busy schedule hasn't been allowing me to take up a lot of things I want to do. Until work is over, I have to keep other things on the back burner for now :(

    ReplyDelete
  9. time does speed by as we keep busy — everything is back to normal except my writing... i feel like i’m starting over. that’s what i should carve out time for! hope all is well with you!

    ReplyDelete