Wednesday, March 1, 2023

March IWSG Post and Author Envy

 

I started my second adult novel on 1st January 2023. So far, I have written just 21,011 words in two months. Not much, but I’m consoling myself that I had several functions to attend in the past two months. I was also invited to be the Chief Guest for the Annual Primary Day Celebrations of New Horizon Public School. What had made me anxious was that I had to give a speech to 1000 parents and 500 students who would be performing in the various acts. I managed to give my speech. Once I started talking, my nervousness went out of the window. The show was spectacular, the dances wonderful and the costumes beautiful. I felt so pampered with all the attention showered on me.

The third IWSG of the year has rolled into view. IWSG (Insecure Writers Support Group) writers post on the first Wednesday of every month. IWSG is the brainchild of Amazon best-selling author Alex J Cavanaugh. Do drop in to the IWSG website to read some amazing posts.

The awesome co-hosts for the March 1 posting of IWSG are Dierdre Knight, Tonya Drecker, Bish Denham, Olga Godim and JQ Rose!

 

March 1 question - Have you ever read a line in novel or a clever plot twist that caused you to have author envy?

In fact every time I read an award winning book, I have a serious case of author envy. Quite a few books I read in the last few months have made me sigh at the clever plot twists. Last week I read Concrete Rose by Angie Thomas. I loved the book, especially Maverick Carter’s character. I hope someday someone will envy me for my writing and books.

Do you all have author envy?

 

10 comments:

  1. Hello! Nice to be here. We often wish we'd written those words, right? For me it's more about being left awestruck. It must have felt wonderful to be the one to inspire at a school's award programme.
    Sonia from https://soniadogra.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a big crowd to speak to - glad you knocked it out of the park despite being nervous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think 20,000 plus words is awesome. :)

    And well done on that speech!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so cool that you spoke at such a large gathering. I would love to write 20,000 words in two months.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's nice the nervousness flew out the window. It must have been pretty awesome. 20k words written is 20k less that have to be written!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Even after 100's of speaking engagements, I'm still nervous before I begin, but once I do, it just flows. I'm glad that happened to you, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah...I so agree with you. There are many brilliant authors that write Awesome novels!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay, you! 21k words is nothing to sneeze at! Is there some secret to sending nervousness out the window or are you the Queen of Calmness? Good job on the speech.
    Concrete Rose is on my TBR list. Best to you -

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love when I read a book and the author has me cheering for them and their story line!

    ReplyDelete
  10. 21K is great. Talking to 1500 people is daunting. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete