Friday, October 23, 2015

Thinking of new Manuscripts and Gratitude

I had mentioned a few weeks back that two ideas are jostling in my mind for attention. Both are ideas for adult novels; one is Young Adult and the other is a Adult thriller. Though I have just jotted down a few points for each, both the ideas are sending me their own thoughts about how they want to be written.

The Young Adult novel ofcourse wants to be written in first person, while the adult thriller is screaming that it wants to be written in the third person. Both the ideas have very sweetly even come up with decent titles. I am actually quite surprised that with all the family health issues I am handling, my brain is still in my thinking of my new manuscripts mode.

Though I have actually not sat before my laptop, even then bits and pieces of the stories are cropping up in my mind. Sadly for me, I have not had the time to write them down. I only hope I won't forget them. Its at times like this that I am grateful to my God and my Spiritual Master -Amma for my writer's mind.

I did steal a little time and start my revisions for my current Middle Grade novel. And I managed to edit and revise 6 chapters. So, I am quite happy with it.

Thank you all for your prayers and good wishes. I will be visiting all your blogs in the next few days.


P.S. I feel like the squirrel, grateful for everything that God and my Spiritual Master are doing for me and my family.

10 comments:

  1. Sorry about the family health issues.
    Is there a way you can record your thoughts for later? Tape recorder, mp3, or something?

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry you are dealing with family health issues. That can really be stressful. I'm glad you have good spiritual resources during this difficult time. I think your Muse will be waiting for you. And is sounds like things are being stored away. Congratulations for being able to get some editing done. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great to know that your mind keeps thinking of new novel ideas and keeps you moving. I need to force my mind to come up with short story ideas, even!

    Destination Infinity

    ReplyDelete
  4. Share some mental fertility ideas,Rachna! Look forward to read your publications !

    ReplyDelete
  5. ((Hugs)) Having health issues takes so much out of you. I feel it is a tender mercy from Heavenly Father that you are able to hold onto this little piece of Heaven! Go with your inspiration because that is what will keep a smile in your heart during your hardest moments.

    I love what Alex said!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's very nice of your stories to give you titles before you even start writing them. Mine make me pull my hair out over titles.
    I don't think you have to worry about forgetting the ideas. You seem too excited to forget. Talking and blogging about them helps.
    Good luck with everything.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rachna, my thoughts are with you as you continue to deal with family issues -- I've been there and know how much your energy can be drained, even while you think you're coping well. Take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so sorry about your family issues. As for the story ideas, jot down as many notes as you can, even if on a notepad. Then when you're ready to get started, just do a little at a time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope you continue to feel better. I think it's great that you are still thinking about writing. Good luck with your projects!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, Rachna....

    I hope all is well and your family health problems are healing... It can be so stressful when our loved ones are not well...

    WOW... Two books at once. Now that is IMPRESSIVE. I envy writers who can jump into multiple stories. I have worked on my first two for YEARS. Did start a third, a novella, that I hope to complete once I am moved into my loft.(It's been under rehab for two months now... hopefully it will be ready in two weeks.... I has to be. I'm moving on Nov. 16th. LOL...)

    Take care....

    ReplyDelete