Wednesday, February 2, 2022

My February IWSG Post

 

I’m just waiting for this dreadful pandemic to end, life has been on a start and stop mode for more than two years now. Its high time we emerge from this large shadow of Corona Virus and all its variants. Covid19 has become my most disliked word.

January for me was a month of reading lots and lots of books. A book I thoroughly enjoyed was ‘A man called Ove’ by Fredrik Backman. Though slow, it’s a heart-tugging and poignant tale. I also finally managed to read Ikigai and few other books.

Due to family health issues, I completely forgot about IWSGPit on Twitter. I really feel bad about missing it. Hope the participating writers got lots of agent love?

It’s time for another IWSG (Insecure Writers Support Group) post. IWSG was started by the amazing Alex J Cavanaugh. Alex Cavanaugh is the author of Amazon Bestsellers: CassaStar, CassaStorm, CassaFire and Dragon of the Stars. Do visit the IWSG website for more information on this wonderful group and some writing related posts. To read the other IWSG posts, visit the group’s page.

February 2 question - Is there someone who supported or influenced you that perhaps isn't around anymore? Anyone you miss?

The awesome co-hosts for the February 2 posting of the IWSG are Joylene Nowell Butler, Jacqui Murray, Sandra Cox and Lee Lowery!

Frankly no. I don’t think I had any writing support or influence in life. I tend to support myself and constantly motivate myself. But I miss an uncle who always read every story and feature of mine and made it a point to convey his appreciation of the same.

Hope you all are staying safe? Any news to share?

 

 

16 comments:

  1. Yup! Time to put that Virus behind us. Impressive that you read so much. I love reading and need to make it more of a priority in my daily doings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really sorry you missed #IWSGPit!
    Many places and countries are calling it endemic now and lifting restrictions. We should all be close to normal again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you had a family member who read to you. I've always read to my kids. So glad our state is over the plandemic! We've all had the dreaded word and survived.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry that you haven't had family support. I'm glad your uncle read what you wrote. And I'm getting really sick of the pandemic too and how it's still impacting on my life.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not sure I've read that book by Backman, but I have read others by him and really enjoyed them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The really bizarre thing is the whole world feels the same way. We're all hoping this pandemic will be over soon. I don't think too many saw it coming.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I didn't even relate this question to "real life" - probably because the pool of people who know I write is a very shallow one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm sorry the virus has made things more difficult. Unfortunately, I think this is our new normal and we'd best figure out how to deal with it in our daily lives. It's a learning curve, but what else can we do?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think we are all waiting for both the pandemic and government response to settle.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so ready for this pandemic to be over. I'm glad you had your uncle's support.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's certainly been difficult, especially watching my kids have to grow up in it, but we're learning to find a way to still live our lives somehow. I too hope it improves and soon.

    ReplyDelete
  12. My main news is that I sent my 2nd draft mystery manuscript to my beta reader for opinions and suggestions. It took a year to write because I procrastinate so much. As for life in general and specifically COVID, my husband and I remain healthy. I'm not happy with the constant confusion about rules, but I try to go with the flow and stay positive.

    ReplyDelete
  13. We're all tired of this pandemic. Here in the U.S. we have the highest number of cases in the world. Most people are over the restrictions and plain just ignore them. Not me *shrugs* Good thing I'm not social to begin with. LOL.
    I'm glad you at least had an uncle to encourage you. And you always have us! Hang in there Rachna <3

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think the virus will always be in the background somewhere although hopefully not as rampant as it's been. The UK is lifted many restrictions recently although we still wear masks. I'm glad you had support from your uncle.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The world is truly tired of this pandemic. Let's hope it's over soon.
    My reading has suffered since the year began. Hopefully, I can get into a rhythm soon.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think everyone is tired of this pandemic. So many people I know have had it, and unless they had pre-existing health conditions, it was nothing worse than a bad cold.

    I hope life gets back to normal soon!

    Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete