Friday, February 4, 2011

A New Award to All Deserving Bloggers

Yesterday  one of the first few people I connected with online, Elizabeth Varadan passed me an award invented by her - The Helping Hand Award  It was a lovely surprise and one I will cherish. The other recipient of this award  is Lia Keyes, creator and administrator of  Scribblerati. Ideally I would like to pass this award to both Lia and Elizabeth. They are the reason I started blogging. But that would be unfair.

I am going to pass  the Helping Hand Award to All My Lovely Blogging Friends. I will just use  few sound bites to mention  two lovely ladies  ( if I mention everyone's names the post will be too long) who have helped me in innumerable ways, they are Birgitte Necessary of Necessary Writers  and Sheryl Gwyther.

Birgitte and I met on my blog when I wrote about my spiritual master Amma (Mata Amritanandamayi) who co-incidently happened to be Birgitte’s spiritual master too.  We connected big time. Our initial chats  started with Amma and our  Spiritual journeys and moved onto our writing lives. The more I am getting to know Birgitte, the more selfless I find her.

I was quite technologically challenged when I started blogging  ten months back. It was Birgitte who would guide me via Facebook chats on how to add links and pictures on my blog. Everytime  I was stuck while writing my current WIP, Birgitte  like Lia, would leave aside her work and brainstorm during Facebook chats. It helps to talk about tricky knots in plots with writing friends. Their feedback helps untie these knots and makes us see things from a different perspective. Birgitte has helped  me a lot  me by sharing several writing resources (she  emails them to me) and then during our chats guides me to use them correctly.

Australian Children’s  Author Sheryl Gwyther is another lovely lady who has enriched my writing life. She is equally generous with her time and tries to help and promote  as many writers as she can. From writing about my blog in an Australian newsletter to  sending me links to important sites, Sheryl like Lia, Elizabeth and Birgitte keeps herself very busy trying to help me. 

It’s been wonderful connecting not just with these four writers and bloggers, but also with each and every one of you. You all have helped me in several ways, have made me see the flaws in my writing. Have shared links, writing resources and tips which has helped me grow as a writer.  I am passing  this award to everyone, and  I hope they pass it on to few more people. This is one award circle I  wish and hope becomes bigger and bigger engulfing more and more people. I think we all are trying to help each other in our writing journeys and we all deserve this award.

If you haven’t met any of these four lovely ladies, its time you amended that. Drop in on them and say Hi from my side. I promise you, you won’t regret it.

Thanks to each and every one of you for helping me in my writing journey. I hope you will display this award on your sidebar and pass it onto few  more bloggers. Its time we showed our solidarity and expressed our gratitude to the Helping Hands. 

15 comments:

  1. Just hopped over to Elizabeth's blog and read her post. She has the nicest things to say about you. Congrats on the award and congrats to all your followers to whom you have passed the award. You all bloggers rock!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Rachna, for the lovely post and the award. :) You're a sweetie and I think you exaggerated some of those good things you said about me, lol! But I am honored to have met you and I'm lucky and grateful to call you my friend. Hugs and lots of writing success and joy! Blessings, Birgitte

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rachna, what a lovely surprise!! You are a sweetie, and one of these days I would like to meet you in person. Thank you very much for all those very nice things you said about me.
    You are one of those generous people who share their knowledge and for that I am most grateful.
    All the very best from Brisbane, Australia.
    XX

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful award, Rachna! Congratulations! Your blog does help by informing and sharing and just being an inviting place to stop!
    Have a wonderful weekend,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely award, you're certainly deserving of it, Rachna. Birgitte and Sheryl sound like wonderful people.

    I didn't know that Amma was your spiritual master. I've heard a lot of lovely things about her. You're lucky to have found your guru. I'm still waiting for mine.

    Jai

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on your award, you truly do deserve it. You have a wonderful blog - it's always a joy to stop by :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice post, Rachna, and how nice the way you've passed the award on. Now I want to go visit Brigitte's & Cheryl's sites. They each sound like wonderful and deserving recipients.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on the award, Rachna--always enjoy the times I drop in here :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations Rachna! I always enjoy your thoughtful posts and insights to your writing world. I look forward to many more! And thank you for passing on the award. That is very sweet of you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Friends...thanks for dropping by. Each and every one of you deserves the Helping Hand Award. So, Please display it on the sidebar and pass it to two people.

    @ Jai...yes I found my Guru, or rather she found me. It's said that at the right moment the Spiritual Master ( Guru) appears before the disciple. Yours too will find you one day. In the meanwhile you can have Amma's Darshan, she visits America twice a year.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on your awards. Beautiful post too. We truly are a part of a wonderful community here.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great blog!!! And congrats on the award from Elizabeth.

    I'm tweeting you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Rachna, yes, I believe that too. That's why I'm hanging around waiting.

    Thanks for the info on Amma's darshan. I'll keep it in mind.

    Jai

    ReplyDelete
  14. Rachna, you are such a dear one! I love your "helping hands" attitude and wish you all success!!

    I will check out the blogs you recommend, too!

    ReplyDelete